Ages 4 - 5
The home base for this group is the fully equipped preschool room for Westlake Christian Academy. Preschoolers will explore and learn about our weekly themes through educational and play activities, as well as, field trips geared for their age group, with lots of time left over for outside play and rest time in the afternoons. Our half-day program runs 8:45-11:45.
Grade School Camp
Entering Grades 1-6 in the fall
Campers are going to have a ton of fun with activities to challenge all areas of growth, including gym games, outdoor sports and water play, Bible time, brain games and wilderness exploration. This group has a weekly field trip and trips to the Grayslake Aquatic Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Entering Grades 7-9 in the fall
The focus of this group is having fun with friends while being challenged to grow toward maturity. All activities are geared to their level with an added incentive to be entrepreneurs by operating the snack store and hot lunch programs. Our Teen Campers then get to give back through several service opportunities. They have weekly outings, field trips, and trips to the Grayslake Aquatic Center with our Grade School Camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
A general day at camp looks like:
- Open gym time until all campers arrive.
- Opening where we sing, dance, and learn the theme of the week
- Structured morning with Gym, Bible Time, Art, and Snack
- An afternoon of both outdoor and indoor fun: Wet-N-Wild, Outdoor Games, and two trips a week to the Grayslake Pool. Then time to cool down with Brain Games and Campers' Choice: baking, art, STEM games, crafts, and sports to round out the day
Weekly Field Trips To:
- Forest Preserves
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- & Sporting Events...
... just to name a few!
Included in the price of summer camp are:
- Fun-N-Sun T-shirt (To be Worn on All Field Trips)
- Two Trips a Week to the Grayslake Pool*
- Weekly Field Trips Off Site**
- Outdoor Playgrounds On Site
*Included In The Weekly Rate For 1st - 9th Grade Campers. **The Field Trip Fee is $25 When Added To The Daily Rate